Mailboxes allow you to send, receive and store e-mail
messages. Here you can learn how to:
Creating a Mailbox
To add a new mailbox, do the following:
- Select Mail Info in the Mail Info menu.
- At the bottom of the page that appears, click Add new mail resource:
- Choose Mailbox from the drop-down list and click Next:
- Agree with the charges, if any.
- Enter the name and password for the new mailbox and click Submit:
Note: You get Postmaster mailbox for free and
you can neither delete it nor change its quota. Webmaster
is a regular mailbox and it counts towards your total maiboxes.
This means, if you get 0 free mailboxes, you pay for the Webmaster
box, but you don't pay for Postmaster
Configuring a Mailbox
To configure a mailbox, click the Edit icon next to the
name of the mailbox. You will see the list of its properties
on the right:
- Quota: change the quota for this specific mailbox.
Mailbox quota is not related to the site disk space quota.
To change your mail quota, enter its new size in megabytes.
From that moment on you will be charged for the difference
between this new amount and the default free amount. This
charge will be added to the recurrent fee
at the beginning of each billing period.
- Catch All: if it's on, any email messages sent to a
nonexistent account on your domain will go to this address.
Example: your mailbox email@example.com
is marked as catch all. If someone sends an email
to firstname.lastname@example.org, which doesn't exist, this particular
message will arrive at email@example.com. If no account
were marked as catch all, this message would bounce
back to the sender with an error notification.
- Password: click the icon
to change the mailbox password.
- Autoresponder: set your mailbox to respond to the
sender of incoming mail with a preset message. You need
to compose a separate response message for every mailbox.
(For details see below)
- WebMail: go to the web e-mail client to send or
receive e-mail messages.
- Discard all incoming mail: turn this ON only if
you are absolutely sure you don't need ALL your incoming mail.
You can also turn it on when you are going on vacation.
Senders won't receive 'underlivered mail' notices.
- Delete: delete the mailbox. To delete a Catch All
mailbox, first switch Catch All OFF.
- Trouble Ticket: report troubles with the mailbox.
Autoresponder is a mailbox attribute. Whenever a message
arrives in a mailbox, the system immediately sends a uniform
response back to the sender. Use this form to compose an autoresponse:
Send a Copy To: the optional e-mail address to
which copies of response messages will be e-mailed.
Subject: the subject of the response message,
e.g. receipt confirmation.
Message: the body of the response message, e.g.
Your message was received. Thank you.